Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekday Routine

I'm writing this post while sitting in McAlister's Deli and sipping yummy sweet tea. It's my "night off" and daddy is taking care of the kiddos. :)

Even though I like to be organized and love scheduling, I feel that it is important to keep things pretty low key at our home with the little ones so that we are more open to capturing learning in the moment as opposed to forcing a schedule. Not sure if that makes sense... sorry.

I'm working on my home management binder and am at the section of my binder where I insert my daily, monthly, and yearly schedules, calendars, and goals. In other words, lots of planning and structure. I currently have a weekday routine scheduled out in 30 minute increments. We rigidly stick to that routine while we are home, while only loosely keeping the times right on. When I'm not home (such as right now), it's hard to explain to hubby that even though it's 20 minutes past what the schedule says, keep on the routine and just do things in order... don't skip to the next activity until you complete the one you're doing now. I know... it's kinda confusing. So, I made a new routine... without times. Start at the sunshine and end at the moon. :)  What do you think? Is this more confusing than if there were times assigned to each activity?

This is my old "list schedule":


This is my new "no time restraints" routine:
What do you think? Are there improvements that I can make? How can I make it clearer?

No comments: