Friday, August 19, 2011

Our new friends

We seem to be blessed lately with lots of new friends. By "lots," I mean six. Which is a lot for us... especially in a two-week time frame. We met four of our new friends at a homeschool playgroup that we just started attending a couple of weeks ago. There is a boy and a girl that are 4 & 5, just my little sparkler's age. There is another boy & girl that are 2 yrs... just my little pumpkin's age. The kiddos and moms stay together, which was the sole reason we decided to give this group a go. In the past, we've joined groups where the moms do their thing while the kiddos go and do their own thing. Neither my kids or I thoroughly enjoy that type of set up. This group is different. A typical meeting, in a nutshell, goes something like this: 45 minutes of free play and socializing, 10 minutes of snack time, 30 minutes Bible story and craft, 5 minutes cleaning up. It really pretty neat. The moms take turns doing the story and craft. Everybody brings their own snacks. Very casual. The first thing my little sparkler said when we got into our van is "Mommy, when can we come back... I like going here." So, I think this is what we'll do for a while. I'm so happy I found this group. AND that I took the steps to getting out of our comfortable little box. Who said homeschoolers don't socialize?? What do you all do for "socialization"?

No comments: